Friday, August 13, 2010

Cycling, mountain biking, hiking, just plain enjoying myself



The rider in the picture is Shantha, who joined me once for a mountain biking trip in a tea estate. Mountain biking is still new to Sri Lanka, and village people look at you as if you are aliens, which really puts you off. Luckily, we hardly saw anyone during this trip.


Close up of Shantha.  He's a bicycle mechanic who says he was going to be a doctor, but that didn't happen.  I invited him along because I like him and also because I felt sorry for him. Hope that doesn't sound condescending, but you do feel sorry for people because of their bad luck and circumstances.


Miniature waterfall in full splendour, frozen at a low shutter speed. One of the dividends of getting out of the city and heading for the countryside.

No comments:

Post a Comment