Friday, August 13, 2010

Motorcycle touring/off road riding



I'd been riding motorbikes for twenty years before I discovered that what I'd been doing all my life is called motorcycle touring. This can happen when you have to teach yourself most things. I got into trail bikes and off road riding rather late in my biking life, about seven years ago. Nothing breathtaking, no daring jumps and leaps, just loved riding the bike into places like this rubber plantation. Enjoyed every minute of it. Had to stop this activity two years back due to finances (inflation and petrol sold by what we euphemistically call the government at black market prices).
In the meantime, hanging on to my two old trail bikes because you don't want to give up. You want to hang in there till better times...hope they come along before I get too old.
This old model Yamaha XT250 is a lovely bike but I exchanged it for an equally old Serow, which is a much better machine for off road riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment