Monday, July 18, 2011

Automobiles

This section of my virtual library and archive will display what I have collected on automobiles -- mainly catalogues, owner's manuals, magazine articles and newspaper cuttings, plus my own photographs.  For the books, please check my other blog www.book lover@blogspot.com. I' sorry but I just don't have the resources to scan entire books, so here are a few pages from this (1960s?) Austin LD van driver's handbook to begin with. These workhorses were everywhere in Sri Lanka well into the 1980s. The Postal Department used them as delivery vans in the 1970s. Privately owned examples can still be found occasionally -- there's one parked half a km from my work place at Hunupitiya Cross Roads every day, looking forlornly for short haul hires. Find below the cover and a few inside pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment