Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Hello there I'm reviving this blog after a break of seven years! Where was I? Not up in the clouds, not in jail, but right here at home, working, working, working. So what happened to the blog?

More like, what happened to me? I'm older, maybe wiser, and still working! But no longer collecting. No more room, and at a crossroads in my life. My living room is my literally that. I sleep there, eat there, along with four dogs and two cats, and (almost) my entire collection is there. What's left in boxes in the garage is rotting at a rate. I'm philosophical about it. No longer collecting stamps. My interests have shifted. I'm trying hard to sell all but one of the five novels I've written (the first one's got to be re-written). It shocks me now that I've been an unpublished author for 25 years! Got plenty of writing ideas but no more novels till I get something published.

Then again, I thought my passion for photography was gone, but it's there. I'm into video now, filming daily life scenes with the Panasonic camcorder which my elder daughter Hiruni gave me as a present when she returned from a scholarship in Australia. I'm thinking of doing a video editing course soon.

Main interest  now is music. I started by studying violin 9 years or so ago. About two years ago, I got serious about guitar, and last year I discovered that I have a singing voice and song writing ability. Not bad for someone who's just turned sixty. I'm serious now about being a singer-song writer (You Tube based). Since I'll need to make music videos for my songs, it isn't a bad idea to learn video editing. I'll have to make my own music videos.

So all this, plus cooking for myself and all these animals, keeps me busy. Plus trying to keep tons of dust away from my crowded living room. Not much time for blogging, but I'm going to keep doing it now. Main thing will be a writing and photography blog as this Junk Lover template looks confusing with too many things in it.

If things go according to plan, there will be a music blog as well.

Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment